Epcot’s International Food and Wine Festival has snowballed year after year into a big festive juggernaut that takes over Epcot every year.
This year it is bigger than ever before and there are lots of amazing new ways to celebrate the culinary arts during this exciting event. Here are five of the best things to do this year at Food and Wine.
Of all the seminars and workshops available this year at the Festival Welcome Center, these are the most exciting. There are two different types of cheese seminars to join. One is a cheese sampling and pairing event where a guest cheesemaker will explain the flavors, aromas and textures of a variety of artisanal cheeses. This 90 minute seminar takes place on the Festival Stage at 9:30 AM on select Saturdays.
The other is a set of seven diverse seminars. Each takes place on a different date and will feature great pairings of cheese and wine in different regions of the world. These include the United States, France, Italy, Mediterranean, and more.
On Select Sundays during the festival, kids can participate in Junior Chef Kitchen Workshops. They will get to become chefs and, of course, eat what they make. Disney focused more on kid fun this year. There is also a playground for them to burn off excess energy, as well as a Disney Du Jour Dance Party. Plus, a Ratatouille inspired scavenger hunt will engage the whole family.
A new drink addition has made it to the Festival Center in the form of a mimosa bar for 2018. At the Joffrey’s sponsored marketplace in the Festival Center there is a new mimosa bar. In addition, wine and beer will be sold, along with food and complimentary samples.
Three exciting new dishes have come along to join the party for this year’s event. In the American Pavilion at Hops & Barley you can try the New Brunswick Slider. Flavors From Fire in Future World is offering a Charred Chimichurri Skirt Steak. For Vegetarians, a Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Butter Vinaigrette, Parmesan cheese and Pumpkin Seeds will be served up at the Wine & Dine Studio on the walk to World Showcase.
You can purchase a seat for several ticketed events for master chef guided pairings for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Events will be held on select dates and times in the Mexico, Italy, Japan, Morocco, and France pavilions. Ticket prices vary. Tickets include gratuity, but they do not include required park admission.
Eat The Beats Concert Series
The lineup for this year is incredible, make sure you also check out the dining packages they have for the concert series! Find out more here https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/epcot/food-wine-eat-to-the-beat-concerts/
- September 20 to 21: Living Colour
- September 22 to 23: NEW! Sheila E
- September 24 to 26: Sugar Ray
- September 27 to 28: David Cook
- September 29 to 30: Jeffrey Osborne
- October 1 to 2: NEW! Jim Belushi & The Sacred Hearts
- October 3 to 4: Everclear
- October 5 to 7: Mark Wills
- October 8 to 10: Air Supply
- October 11 to 12: NEW! Anderson East
- October 13 to 14: Smash Mouth
- October 15 to 16: NEW! 98 Degrees
- October 17 to 18: 38 Special
- October 19 to 21: The Devon Allman Project
- October 22 to 23: Kenny G
- October 24 to 25: Billy Ocean
- October 26 to 28: Starship featuring Mickey Thomas
- October 29 to 31: Hanson
- November 1 to 2: NEW! High Valley
- November 3 to 4: Taylor Dayne
- November 5 to 7: Boyz II Men
- November 8 to 9: The Hooters
- November 10 to 12: Big Bad Voodoo Daddy
PIN FOR LATER :